Business insurance covers much more than just your buildings, equipment and merchandise.
Actually, you also need to protect your income, your administrative and professional decisions and,
especially, your civil liability.
Your business assets are an integral part of your business.
Protecting them adequately, at their fair value, means you’ll avoid frustration, delays and major economic setbacks.
We can advise you.
o Buildings of all kinds
o Commercial content
o Contractor equipment
o Property in the process of being installed
o Computerized content
o Sewer back-up
o Crime insurance
o Operating losses
o Equipment breakdown
o Supplier deficiency
The coinsurance clause:
Commercial insurance contracts include a coinsurance clause that requires the insurance amount that is selected to be as close to the replacement value of your building or property as possible.
For example, your insurance policy may indicate “80% coinsurance.” This means the insurer requires that the selected coverage amount be at least 80% of the full replacement value of your property. This leaves you with a margin of error of 20%.
What happens if you don’t respect the barometer imposed by the insurer?
Should you need to make a claim and the percentage indicated in the coinsurance clause is not respected, you will be at a disadvantage, unfortunately. Before compensating your loss, the insurer will calculate the value of your new property versus the insured value, and you will receive compensation on a pro rata basis.
Let’s be clear: An insurer will never pay more than the amount indicated on your contract. So, in the case of a total loss, if you decided to insure your building for half of its reconstruction value, you will only get half its value—at best.
In other words, to save a few hundred dollars, you may lose thousands.
Whether your company is just starting out or has several years under its belt, accidents can happen to anyone.
Commercial general liability insurance will protect you against possible lawsuits.
Whether well-founded or not.
● Personal injury and property damage
● Product liability / after-work liability
● Renters liability
● Advertising injury
● Medical expenses
● QPF6 non-owned automobiles
● Product recall
● Warehousemen’s legal
You are known for your professional expertise.
Your opinion, advice and recommendations are sought after and recognized for their accuracy.
But since no one is perfect, professional insurance will protect you.
When you sit on a board of directors, your decisions have an impact on the company and the people who work there.
Directors and officers insurance will protect you if any of your decisions are contested.
You’re in construction. No project is too big or too small.
Builder’s site insurance is there to reassure you while you work.
In addition to your civil liability, it covers the assets being installed.
Governments require more and more guarantees before offering you a contract.
Insurers offer various surety bonds to support you and to save you additional expenses.
● Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ)
● Contractors of all kinds
● Performance bonds
● Bid bonds
● Consumer protection
● Régie des marchés agricoles et alimentaires
● Transportation of schoolchildren
The environment: An important and very current concern
A civil lawsuit after pollution of the water or soil by oils, insulators or chemicals could jeopardize your company.
We can help.
● Sudden and accidental
● Pollution of property on the insured premises
● Pollution of third parties
Does your company’s income depend mainly on imported or exported goods?
You can insure one shipment at a time, or all your cargo on an annual basis.
Let us help you evaluate your needs.
Whether you are a contractor, delivery or transportation company, your vehicles are key to your work.
Even if you have just one vehicle or dozens, we will find the right insurer for you.
If your job requires you
to repair, maintain, wash or simply move a vehicle, you need a QPF4 insurance policy, also called a “garage policy.”
Your business takes you all over the world.
Unfortunately, some places are known to be dangerous for foreigners.
Let us protect you.
You’re organizing an event like a benefit party
and to attract an audience you offer the chance to win a big prize. What if luck strikes?
“Hole-in-one” insurance should be part of the plan.
Your deals are increasingly made via computer systems
and your computers are a true databank.
Protect your and your customers’ information.
Your important clients are not immune to bad luck
and you could end up with some major accounts receivable.
Protect your business from unforeseeable events.
The world is your business’s oyster.
Unfortunately, this means you could be the target of a more serious formal notice than you might imagine.
Use umbrella insurance to cover against additional liability.